Sunday, January 2, 2011

A blogging community on Coleridge

Coleridge Symbolism and Meanings

"We will be discussing the meaning and symbols of Coleridge. So come join the fun of poems!"


There are a few things I like about this blog; one, is all of the quotes that are not in any of Coleridge's poems.  that astounds me because i would have no idea where to find those, with or without the internet.  second, would be the feeling of better understanding that the explanations give.  third, is the fact that the blog was written by my fellow classmates, that amazes me because my classmates are incredibly smart. one post that struck me as interesting is the post with the title 'advice' the picture which said 'advice is like snow, the softer it falls the longer it dwells upon, and the deeper it sinks in to the mind.' that hit home with me be cause my sister thinks that if she yells loud enough then i will take her advice.  this blog would teach, anyone who doesn't know what romanticism is, about the symbols and how the correlate with todays society in the romantic era of poetry.  

No comments:

Post a Comment